As your Property Manager we take requests for maintenance and repairs very seriously. We ask you, as the tenant, to let us know when you believe the property may need repairs and maintenance work done. In order for a maintenance or repair to be attended to, please complete a Repair Request and forward to your Property Manager via fax, email or post. The property manager and/or a tradesperson will then be in contact with you. Before you lodge your repair request, please review the tips below that may assist in alleviating any concerns you may experience. KITCHEN/BATHROOM SINK IS BLOCKED
- Have you tried using some Draino to try and free the blockage?
- Have you tried pouring boiling water down the sink to free up the buildup of old soap & hair?
LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING OR POWER POINTS ARE NOT WORKING
- Have you paid your electricity bill?
- Have you contacted your electricity supplier? There may be a fault in the street.
- If renting a unit/apartment - Have you checked with a neighbour? If in a block of Strata Title apartments, it may be the Owners Corporation that needs to be contacted.
- Have you checked the fuse box? There may have been an overload and the safety switch has been tripped and needs resetting.
- Have you checked that one of your appliances is not faulty? Unplug all appliances in the house. Reset the safety switch in the meter box. Plug in the fridge and turn on the power point, check the safety switch. If the safety switch clicks off then you know that there is a fault with the fridge and you will need to get it repaired.
- Otherwise disconnect the fridge and plug in the stereo and continue checking all appliances until the faulty appliance is located. If our electrician attends to your repair request and finds the fault is with one of your appliances, then you will be charged for the service fee.
NO HOT WATER
- Have you checked your fuse box? If there has been an overload the safety switch may need resetting.
- Have you replaced the light bulb?
OVEN NOT WORKING
- Is it Gas or Electric?
- Is the water tank leaking?
- Have you arranged for the connection of your Gas or Electricity?
- Electric - have you checked to see if your hot water system needs refilling/topping up? There is normally a copper valve on electric hot water systems and an overflow pipe. Pull up this lever until a flow of water starts coming out of the overflow pipe. This quite commonly needs to carried out every six months or so.
- Have you checked the fuse in the meter box? Has someone turned off the fuse by mistake?
- Have you checked that the water tap on the hot water system itself is turned on?
- Gas - have you checked to see if your pilot light has gone out? Some gas hot water systems can be easily relit – others may require a tradesperson.
COOK TOP NOT WORKING
- Have you checked that the power isolation switch is turned on? Typically this can be found on the kitchen splash back wall, if installed.
- Check if power is connected or check power box for tripped switch or blown.
- Have you set the clock on the display? Some ovens will not work unless the clock has been set.
EVIDENCE OF WATER LEAKAGE/DAMPNESS
- Gas - Have you checked the connections to make sure they are not loose or dirty? Sometimes pulling the element out and cleaning can fix the problem.
- Electric - Check if power is connected or check power box for tripped switch or blown
AIR CONDITIONERS NOT WORKING FULL CAPACITY
- If there is evidence of water leakage, you must call us. You are responsible for any water damage until we have been notified of the problem.
Air conditioners which are situated in a property, come in 3 types: - a box air conitioner, and split air conditoner and fully ducted air conditioner.
During very hot periods of weather, air conditioners do struggle to maintain the desired temperature inside the property. Always ensure that the air conditioner temperature is always maintained at a desired temperature of 22-23 degrees. If you reduce the temperature below 22 degrees, the air conditoner will not be able to work correctly, and the cooling unit can at times freeze up.
Always clean the filters to the air conditioners on a regular basis, this ensures that the air flow is free flowing. Dirty filters reduce the efficency of the air conditoning systems.
At times the cooling, does not at always workl, as the unit may require re gasing.